Patients are more engaged in their health care than ever before. At Everhart Eye Associates, we welcome questions and urge individuals to learn all they can about their conditions and treatments. Thanks to the Internet, a lot of good medical information is instantly available. We suggest you visit these websites to discover more about eyes, eye conditions, care and procedures:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology: The AAO is the world's largest association of eye physicians and surgeons with more than 29,000 members worldwide. Patient information on eye conditions and treatments are at http://www.aao.org/.
- EMedicine: Used by physicians and patients, eMedicine is a medical reference site. Doctors review all health material, which is based on rigorous medical evidence. eMedicine is part of the WebMD Health Professional Network. Visit the site at http://emedicine.medscape.com/.
- Eyes.com: This site offers information that has been reviewed by eye doctors. It is administered by several medical practices across the country. To learn more, visit http://www.eyes.com/.
- Mayo Clinic: The Mayo is one of the best-known medical facilities in the world. With branches in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota, this nonprofit organization is a leader in medical care, research and education. Visit its web site at http://www.mayoclinic.com/health-information/.
- National Institutes of Health: NIH is one of the world's foremost medical research centers. It is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It is the primary federal agency for conducting and supporting basic, clinical and translational medical research, and it investigates the causes, treatments, and cures for both common and rare diseases. Excellent patient information from NIH can be found at http://health.nih.gov/.